1. The PR industry excelled itself with increasingly fancy descriptions for the basic activities of emailing, talking and meeting. Entrants included: “I want to jump on your radar” (a bad idea, as if you jump on radars they break) and “let’s find a time to connect to mutually update”. My favourite came from a PR man named Michael who wrote: “I hope you don’t mind the outreach.” Alas, I do mind. To reach out has always been hateful, but making it a noun, and reversing the word order, does not help. Michael, you’ve won the Communications cup.
2. 5. The 2012 Ig Nobel Chemistry Prize
4. adj. 非常坚硬的，强硬的，固执的 n. 坚硬无比之物
5. They're developing a core and sorting through roles. Because they're the Lakers, there remains the possibility that a solid free agent or two will look their way.
6. The PPI has been negative for 44 consecutive months, reflecting excess supply of housing materials and raw materials, and overcapacity in heavy industry.
西西软件园 It is the first time I have been toSan Francisco. It is a very beautiful city. On the first day of our visit wewent to the Golden Gate Bridge. Seeing the bay view was really pleasant.Every time I am watching movies inJapan, the city and the bridge always seem to get destroyed. I didn't know thecity was so beautiful in person.The bridge might not be around nexttime I visit so I'm glad I got to see it.